Lisa Oliver Counselor in Training
BS Ed., CIT
Lisa works from a person centered approach believing that we are the experts of our own lives with unique lived experiences. Her goal in the counseling relationship is to walk alongside clients as they process their thoughts and emotions in a manner that positively impacts their overall health. Lisa is dedicated to creating an inviting, non judgmental, peaceful, confidential environment where she can create a partnership with her clients to ensure their future success.
Lisa has over a decade of experience working with children in the school setting as both a teacher and school counselor. She holds a Bachelor’s of Science in Early Childhood Education from Ohio University as well as teacher certification in the state of Missouri for kindergarten through sixth grade. Lisa provides services to children, adolescents, teens, parents, families, adults and couples.
Lisa is currently pursuing her Master’s degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from The University of Missouri – St. Louis. The program is nationally recognized as one of the best in the country and is staffed with some of the most renowned clinicians. Lisa will also seek certification as a school counselor upon the completion of her degree. She is beginning her training in play therapy and is working closely with Get Centered colleagues to continue to grow in her use of a strengths based approach in practice. Supervised by Get Centered Clinical Director, Kim McGuiness, M.Ed., LPC, NCC.
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- Friday 12:00 pm – 3:00 pm
- Extended hours available upon request
- Individual session $75 (first session with intake is 90 minutes; $115)
- Couple and Family sessions $100 (first session, up to 4 people, with intake is 2 hours; $200)
* NOTE: Based on Counselor in Training status Lisa’s fee is self-pay and she does not provide a superbill option for Out of Network consideration.