Welcoming new clients now. Call to schedule your appointment and start your Wellness journey today!
What is a Health and Wellness Coach?
Health and Wellness coaches specialize in understanding human behavior, motivation and health. They function as “change agents” who help clients to set and achieve self designed wellness goals. Areas of focus might include:
- Nutrition and Hydration
- Exercise & Movement
- Sleep & Relaxation
- Stress and Resilience
- Relationships and Networks
Here at Get Centered, our health coach is trained in the principles of Functional Medicine which focuses on identifying and understanding the root causes and lifestyle factors that contribute to the development and perpetuation of chronic disease. Joining these principles with an appreciation for the power of the mind-body connection and good nutrition, health and wellness coaching at Get Centered utilizes positive psychology techniques to do the following:
- Helps people discover the “why” behind their desired health/lifestyle change and to define their vision for a healthier self
- Empowers individuals as the experts of their own bodies, minds and circumstances
- Helps people to identify challenges and blind spots that are preventing change
- Provides tools, support and accountability structures when desired
- Serves as a guide through dietary changes, food plans and physical activity protocols prescribed by a treating health professional (i.e. Diabetes management, FODMAP diet)
- Uses broad knowledge of health and wellness to help individuals navigate a variety of health concerns through educational resources and referral if necessary
A few more examples for when health and wellness coaching might be of benefit:
*Feeling stressed? Out of sync? Coaching can help you find your center again and provide you with the tools to increase mindfulness, find balance and thrive.
*Recent medical diagnosis or caution from your Doctor leading you to consider a few health enhancing lifestyle changes? Not sure where to begin? Coaching can help set you on a course to reaching your wellness goals.
*Constantly revisiting those same few extra pounds or finding yourself struggling to fit in time for “exercise” but can’t seem to stick to a routine? Coaching will support you in discovering what moves you.
*Hearing all about “clean eating” and wondering what the heck that is? Overwhelmed by all the “diets” social media profess as the “answer”? Coaching with Kim can demystify what healthy eating looks like while you figure out what’s possible for your lifestyle.
*Resolving to get more sleep but find yourself scrolling social media way past your bedtime? Coaching can help you identify realistic steps to get more shut eye.
*Not really sure yet what you want to achieve with wellness yet simply feel something in your life needs to shift?
Coaching can help you explore your priorities, identify your strengths, and clear the way for impactful change.